Being a mom of two, date day/nights are a necessity in our household. While we look forward to date day/night, we sometimes spend half the time trying figure out what exactly to do. I get it, it happens to everybody. We get so busy in our day-to-day lives that when we finally get that time we are like deer caught in headlights. And although the traditional dinner and the movie are ok, we sometimes want to change things up. So I thought since the weather is finally breaking (goodbye winter, hello spring), why not put together a list of date day/night ideas that will get you and your bae and make the most out of this spring weather! I have compiled a list of 20 ideas that you and your significant other will enjoy!
20 Spring Date Ideas
1. Check out your local farmers market – So many towns host farmers market every weekend. You are bound to find a variety of items available, from fresh fruit and veggies to art work
2. Take a walk around your neighborhood park
3. Stop by your favorite ice cream shop
4. Have a picnic- It doesn’t have to be like the fancy ones in the romantic movies, it can literally be a blanket and some deli sandwiches. Whatever will make the date memorable
5. Watch the sunset/sunrise – Stay up late or set that alarm, to view nature’s beauty
6.Visit the zoo – Many zoos have adult nights that have different food and drink vendors
7. Go to a concert
8. Attend a movie in the park screening
9. Go on a bike ride
10. Partake in a dinner on a patio – Not only can you enjoy dinner, but you can also people watch
11. Check out the botanical gardens
12. Go to a wine tasting – I mean who doesn’t love wine?
13. Attend a sporting event – Ok ladies, sometimes we have to attend these kind of events even if we aren’t into sports, but as long as there are great drinks and good food we will survive, right?
14. Play a game of miniature gold
15. Go on a brewery tour
16. Go on a night sightseeing boat cruise – Yes, you may have walked around your city in the daytime but have you really seen your cities beauty at night with all the building lit? Plus it’s a great learning experience
17. Book a couples massage
18. Have brunch & mimosas- Dates don’t always have to be at night, why not take advantage of the daytime? Who said you couldn’t have a drink at 11am? It’s 5 o’clock somewhere
19. Go to a paint & sip
20. Find a local festival – Chicago has TONS of festivals, most which are free. You’d be surprised how majority of cities have free events that range from concerts to art shows to movie screenings
I hope this list gives you and your significant others some new ideas for date day/night. I look forward to hearing some other date night ideas from you guys!
– XOXO Kahla Jas.